Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Nextel Phone

Do any of you have Nextel service? I've had it for almost 2 years now, upgraded to a nice shiny i730 telephone, and like it pretty well. BUT! There is something that happens to me that doesn't seem to happen to anyone else I know. About once a week some random jackass will direct connect me with a wrong number. I just don't understand why anyone would misdial a direct connect number. Everyone I know has their DC numbers in memory associated with the telephone number for that person, as it would seem a bit cumbersome to have to remember that number as well. WTF is up with this? Just tonight I had some guy DC me and say "Who is this?", a major pet peeve of mine anyway. If you dialed my number, you had better know who I am. My standard reply is "Who do you want?" His reply to me was, I don't know, I just punched in some numbers and hit alert." If you have Nextel, his DC number is 188*450524*1 have fun. I vow to post as many of these as I get.

This world certainly has no shortage of stupid people. This is a topic that you are going to see me rant about very often, I really hate stupid people. It gives me pleasure in hearing about folks removing themselves from the gene pool because they were too damn stupid to live anyway.