Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Winter Solstice!


I know it has been a while since I've posted here, so I'll try to make up for it all in one swoop. I recently got an e-mail from a friend that was a rant about a Christmas Tree, the type that says to pass it on. The rant was claiming all the things that the Christmas tree stood for all had to do with Jesus. I e-mailed him back and pointed out that the Yule Tree actually was much older than the concept of Jesus.

My least favorite X-mas saying of all is: "Jesus is the reason for the season." To make this proper, I think we should be honest and say "a 23.5 degree tilt of the Earth's axis is the reason for the season." We had winter long before Jesus was invented. Anyway, don't take my word for it, look at what some (somewhat educated) Christians have to say on the matter here: Correcting Popular Misconceptions about Jesus Christ's Birth.

There we see evidence that nearly all of the stories that take place away in a manger are almost all full of shit...according to the bible. So would all you holier-than-thou evangelical wannabes please stop telling me that Jesus had anything at all to do with what I call Winter Solstice, or Yule? How about that commandment that went something like: Thou Shalt Not Steal? Give me back my holiday!

Okay, now onto the lighter side of things. I have some videos for you. If you haven't seen the Charlie Brown Christmas Special ever, let me first congratulate you, and then ask what fucking rock you've been under for the last 30 years? I have a few variations on the show to share with you. I'm sure there are more, if you know of them, please by all means post them so I can see them as well. Forgive me if the embedding goes awry.

The first is fashioned after the TV Show Scrubs.


Adblock



The next one is to add a little diversity and help those who celebrate Kwanzaa.


Adblock


This last one is my favorite for sure bringing a little pagan flavor to the show.

Adblock




Well that's all I have for you for now. Happy Winter Solstice and be safe!