Saturday, July 21, 2007

When You Closely Examine Christianity


This article by William Lobdell of the L.A. Times shows you what happens when Christians honestly examine their faith. I can empathize with him. I once had faith, I once believed that there was a mystical man called Jesus that could set everything right. Then I began to study the bible, and not just accept what was spoon fed to me. It started with a simple question, I'll share it if asked. It's answer could not be found in the pages of the bible, so as a good Christian, I knew that I could reason it out for myself. The answer that I came up with, was that the whole thing was made up. Then I found more and more things like that. Before long I was left to conclude that the whole bible was one complete fabrication, with a few small pieces of true historical events to try to lend it credit.