Friday, July 06, 2007

Adventures in Recycling


We've been recycling aluminum cans for some time now. I generally get to use the money to take to the Dayton Hamvention. I haven't made it there for the last few years, so the cans have piled up out in my shed. This year I'm going to a somewhat local hamfest, tomorrow. So today we decided to take the cans in, there are at 65 cents a pound. I laid down the back seat in the min-van, spread out a tarp and started loading up the garbage bags full of crushed cans. While loading them, I noticed some black snake skins in the shed. Not a big deal, the shed sits right next to the woods, and black snakes are harmless. The cans filled the entire back end of the van up. When I got to the recycling center and pulled the bags all out of the van, I was greeted by a 4 foot black snake....in my van...the van with the wife and kids in it. The next few minutes are probably left to the imagination. Nobody, including the snake, was harmed.